I Got A DUI, Now What? – Things To Consider If You Find Yourself In These Circumstances
Driving under the influence corresponds to a number of risks, including possible accidents and, or, getting charged because of road violations and offenses. But do not fret because you must not worry about this.
If ever a time came when you are charged with road violations because of being caught driving while you are under the influence, then you must know the things that you need to do in order to handle your current situation where help is needed. If you ever find yourself asking “I got a DUI; now what?” then you must note of several things that you must consider if you caught yourself in these circumstances.
Ladies and gentlemen: DUI
A DUI or a driving under the influence case is a type of criminal offense where a person is caught driving or operating a car, bus, van, motorcycle, or any type of vehicle and automobile, under the influence of alcohol or drugs, whether these drugs are considered for recreation or prescribed by a doctor or a physician. An individual can also be charged with a driving under the influence offense if they are caught using a lawnmower, a watercraft, or even non-motor or non-gas-powered bicycles while paired with alcohol or drugs.
Knowing the type of criminal offense you have committed is important. Hence, you must be knowledgeable regarding such criminal offenses including driving under the influence offense.
Behind the cold bars
A DUI or a driving under the influence offense is also paralleled to a number of consequences. But their consequences vary according to your location and the current place where you are residing, or where the DUI offense happened.
If caught driving under the influence, an individual is tended to be punished with a minimum of six months and a maximum of twelve months or one year behind the bars. But this punishment also depends on the number of driving under the influence offenses an individual has obtained.
For some places, a punishment for driving under the influence offense is from ten days as the minimum, for the first offense, and sixty days or two months as the maximum punishment for the third driving under the influence offense.
A helping hand awaits you
Hiring a legal companion at a time when you need to have one, especially in assisting and helping you handle and resolve legal cases and other cases related to law and criminal justice, is a smart decision you can ever commit. If you ever caught yourself being charged with these road violations and offenses because you have been caught driving under the influence, then hiring a driving under the influence attorney or a DUI attorney Sacramento is the best decision you will ever do.
The gains of having a helping hand by your side
Hiring a driving under the influence attorney has its advantages. First, driving under the influence attorneys know a lot well in the field of criminal justice. They have enough experience inside and within a criminal court. With these experiences in handling criminal cases, these driving under the influence attorneys can use their experiences as a basis regarding your criminal offense. They can learn and get basis from the criminal cases they have handled before encountering your criminal offense. Hence, they are able to know what step to do next and what strategies to perform to be able to reduce or settle the possible corresponding charges related to your offense.
Driving under the influence attorneys can also prepare in building various criminal defenses to be able to protect you against possible charges, speculations, or consequences corresponding to your criminal offense. It is important that you and your hired and trusted driving under the influence attorney know these consequences and be aware of the legal consequences that correspond to your criminal offense.
Get to know your helping hand and your legal companion well
Getting yourself caught driving while you are under the influence is inevitable, especially when times are getting hyped up and you have been out all night meeting your friends and new people. It is no biggie, as much as it can, if you will ask for the help of a driving under the influence attorney right away! Surely, things will never go out of hand because you are in the hands of the right person who can assist you in this kind of situation.
If you ever find yourself in a situation where you really need a driving under the influence attorney, you must be knowledgeable enough of the characteristics of a good, competent, and trustworthy one. Here are some characteristics that a famous DUI attorney must possess.
- The driving under the influence attorney must favor your side. Ensuring that the handling and settlement of your case favor your side is the duty of a driving under the influence attorney. They are the right and the best people who can help and assist you with in settling cases like this in the court if you ever faced charges regarding your violations. Driving under the influence attorneys will surely build sturdy defenses regarding your case to be able to make things in your favor.
- The driving under the influence attorney must be smart in creating defenses. A driving under the influence attorney will also be able to help you in reducing charges and consequences which correspond to your charges if things have not been all in your favor.
- The driving under the influence attorney must be a good advisor. A driving under the influence attorney will also give you pieces of advice regarding your case progress and will be of help in ensuring that you have a strong defense case as much as possible.
- The driving under the influence attorney must know the field best. A driving under the influence attorney is a person who is familiar and best in handling situations like these because it is what they do for a living. On a daily basis, they mingle with the law officers like the prosecutors, judges, and police officers to ensure your legal rights and legal defenses are in the right situation to do so and pursue.
- The driving under the influence attorney must protect you. Driving under the influence attorneys are individuals who have an emphasis on protecting and taking care of every individual’s civil and constitutional rights.
- The driving under the influence attorney must be smart in the construction of their defenses. These driving under the influence attorneys also help their defendants in building defenses which can be of help in reducing legal consequences that correspond to your criminal cases.
Cases related to driving under the influence offenses are much complex and complicated compared to other legal cases faced in the court. Therefore, you need to be able to trust your hired driving under the influence attorney to be able to settle and solve the criminal cases and violations you are facing because of being caught driving while under the influence.
Do not let yourself get hoaxed into clickbait calls of other companies telling you to be liable and accountable for your charges. Of course, you already are accountable – that is why you are hiring a driving under the influence attorney because you wanted to settle things legally, with the help of legitimate helping hands, right? Go and hire a driving under the influence attorney right away so that you will be able to settle cases legally with the assistance of the right individual who is best and professional at criminal charges and cases like these.