What Is Drug Trafficking And The Menace Of Illicit Remedies?
When an individual experiences sudden or drastic pain and changes in their body, the first thing that they do is go to a doctor or a physician and ask for medicine prescriptions to be able to ease or relieve the pain they are experiencing in their body. But these medicines or drugs also have a variety of forms and kinds, depending on their purpose and their ability to cure or prevent possible diseases that may occur in their body.
The variety of these medicines offers a lot of advantages and benefits that are good for the health of the individuals who need them. However, these medicines also have their disadvantages and hindrances, especially when used more than the prescribed amount of time of use. Some people also make use of these medications as a form of recreation and source of living which makes their source of revenue and means of the support law abiding.
A mirror ball of medicine
A drug is a substance or medicine that creates an effect on an individual’s body once it has been swallowed, consumed, or either presented into the body of that individual.
Drugs have a variety of forms. Like a mirror ball, it has a lot of reflections depending and according to its usage and how much it has been consumed.
- Medicinal drugs – These drugs are medicines or substances that are prescribed by a doctor or a physician.
- Recreational drugs – These drugs are substances that are used for leisure without the prescription or supervision of a doctor or a physician. These substances can be way more dangerous than medicinal drugs because an individual who uses and consumes has a high chance of getting addicted to the substance when usage has been way past its limitations.
These two different faces of medicine also have its different effect to the body of its consumer. But once abused and consumed past its limitations, these drugs can lead to addiction which abides by the law in almost every place, both locally and internationally.
The menace of illicit remedies
As these recreational drugs are banned and tagged as illegal in most places because they pose various threats to a person’s health, sanity, and safety, the people who use recreational drugs as a form of livelihood and source of revenue are also in grave danger.
In most places, drug usage, selling, and trafficking correspond to grave lawful consequences. Every individual must be aware of what is drug trafficking, as well as drug usage and drug selling.
Drug trafficking is the smuggling or the handling, selling, trading, and transport of illegal recreational drugs. Many drug dealers use a variety of transport ways to be able to trade and smuggle these illegal recreational drugs to other places. They often use methods of smuggling with the help of small boats and yachts, lightweight aircraft, through post and parcels, shipping from a container, and even people as passengers on the plane.
Drug trafficking poses grave danger to every life of individuals involved. In most places, the consequences of being convicted due to drug trafficking can lead to a minimum of three years behind the bars and a maximum of ten, twenty, to life imprisonment.
When medicines are prescribed by a doctor or a physician, they can definitely prevent or even cure diseases that may harm an individual’s health and safety. These medicinal drugs can help lower blood pressure, can help cure an infection, or even help relieve pain.
When medicines are used without the prescription or supervision of a doctor or a physician, this is when drugs became more dangerous to an individual’s health and safety. Most of these medicines became addictive and are such called recreational drugs. Some people even use recreational drugs as a form of livelihood and as their source of revenue and means of support. And because these recreational drugs are dangerous to someone’s health and safety when consumed, especially when consumed past its limitations, these recreational drugs are tagged as illegal drugs in almost every place, both locally and internationally.
That’s the thing about illicit faces
These recreational drugs pose various threats to a person’s health, sanity, and safety that is why these recreational drugs are banned and tagged as illegal in most places. Here are some recreational drugs that are tagged as illegal in most places.
- Marijuana or Cannabis
Moreover, there are also categories of recreational drugs that every person shall be aware of. These are the following.
- Hallucinogens – These are drugs that can make an individual’s perception quite different than the other people who have not taken hallucinogens. These drugs can change how an individual uses their senses as if they are seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not seen by people who have not taken hallucinogens. Ketamine is one of the examples of stimulants as recreational drugs.
- Depressants – These are medicines that can make an individual’s central nervous system slow down, as well as the messages that travel from their brain down to their body. When a person has intake these types of drugs, the concentration and the capability of an individual to react or respond to things can be diminished. Heroin is one of the examples of depressants as recreational drugs.
- Stimulants – These are drugs that can make an individual’s central nervous system arouse, awaken, or stimulate, as well as the messages that travel from their brain down to their body. When intake, an individual’s appetite, and heart rate will most likely increase in level. These drugs typically increase energy, heart rate, and appetite. Ecstasy is one of the examples of stimulants as recreational drugs.
Do not let your guard down
Just like any other criminal cases, drug trafficking cases also provide a chance for the offenders to defend themselves with the help of drug trafficking attorneys. A drug trafficking attorney must pose a strong foundation of experience in the field of criminal justice because the case of their possible clients corresponds to how are they going to live with the punishment or sentence that awaits them for the criminal case they have. Therefore, a drug trafficking attorney must prepare strong defenses to be able to lessen the sentence of the offender.
- The drug trafficking attorney must know the credibility of the attacking witness. The drug trafficking attorney must be aware of the possible witnesses or informants as a shred of evidence who can testify for the offender not being guilty. So, if you get caught in a drug trafficking case, you can seek help from the best criminal defense attorney Sacramento.
- The drug trafficking attorney must know how to establish frame-up defenses. One smart defense is to create an operation of entrapment as this creates a high chance of strong defenses.
- The drug trafficking attorney must know how to evaluate pieces of evidence. Most shreds of evidence against the offender can tamper. The drug trafficking attorney must know how to determine if the pieces of evidence against the offender have been tampered with or not to be able to create strong defenses.